From this episode you will learn how to use Ahrefs Site Explorer tool to quickly audit your site’s links profile and specifically, identify low quality links – https://blog.ahrefs.com/bad-links/
What are bad links exactly? Paid, sitewide footer links, links from link farms, link exchanges from non-relevant niche sites, spun articles, links from low quality web-directories, links from hacked sites, spammy blog comments, forum profile links, etc.
How do you find those bad links? With Ahrefs tools for sure! These are the steps you should take:
– submit domain you want to audit to Site Explorer (https://ahrefs.com/site-explorer);
– go to Inbound Links – Referring Domains report;
– order the results by Domain Rating from highest to lowest or vice versa;
– start working your way down the list and when you see something you don’t recognise, click on ‘Backlinks’ to view the individual links from that particular domain;
– continue with the audit until you have added all the suspicious domains to your disavow file;
– you can then click the ‘Disavowed Links’ button to download a list of the suspicious domains. You can now reach out to as many of these low quality linking sites as possible to ask them to remove the link, before finally preparing a disavow file to upload to Google containing the domains/links we have been unable to remove.
That’s it. Auditing your site’s link profile with Ahrefs is so easy, isn’t it?
Ahrefs ► https://ahrefs.com/
YouTube channel ►http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWquNQV8Y0_defMKnGKrFOQ?sub_confirmation=1