This guide will introduce you to the basics of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). It will show you how search traffic can benefit a small business, how SEO works, and it may (or may not) be a useful business strategy.
The guide’s purpose is to provide you with the confidence to brief an agency or freelancer about increasing your Google search traffic. The guide will not dwell on the numerous technical aspects of the Google algorithm, as this immense and complex topic is beyond the scope of this webinar.
You will learn the following from this simple guide to SEO for small business:
• How does Google decide what websites to show in search, and how the Google search algorithm works?
• Why is search traffic important to businesses?
• The difference between organic (i.e. natural) search results and Google Ads (i.e. paid) results.
• A high-level, simplified overview of how search engine optimisation works with Google.
• What to consider if you are thinking about SEO as part of your business strategy.
• A simple SEO checklist (if you’re still not sure) to help you decide.
• How to brief a web freelancer or digital agency for your SEO needs.
• Useful links about SEO and Google.
Visit the Glen Eira City Council Business Support hub for more business resources: https://www.gleneira.vic.gov.au/services/business-support