Here is the link to download the FREE template: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BCIdFafAM66XS1dJbE_B1ddfAc0XBI9FoqlO14Xa6ws/copy
Download the link and anchor type categorization SOP: https://assistedreach.com/competitor-backlink-analysis-template/#cbasop
Matt Diggity’s Anchor Text Guide: https://diggitymarketing.com/anchor-text-optimization/
You can find the full post on our blog here: https://assistedreach.com/competitor-backlink-analysis-template/
At Assisted Reach, we kick off link building campaigns with a competitor backlink analysis. Why do we do this?
Simple. “Why reinvent the wheel?”
Link building is hard. So why would you try to come up with unique strategies at the beginning of a campaign? It’s MUCH more efficient to copy what your competitors are doing, at least initially.
The problem I see most people have when executing on a competitor backlink analysis is that they have no process. They use a backlink profile analysis tool like Ahrefs, Majestic, or Moz, look at some of their competitors backlinks, see that the competitors are building a lot of guest post or scholarship links, record those links in a prospecting file, and then call it a day.
This is better than doing nothing at all. However, we have a MUCH more comprehensive and automated solution that will save you time and help derive more and better insights from your competitor’s backlinks.
Here’s why this template is so useful:
– It helps you determine where to focus your link building resources
– It provides exact link type (e.g. guest posts, directories, podcast links, etc.) distributions so you can compare your link profile to your competitors
It shows you how strong your links are compared to your competitors by link type
– It shows you what types of links to build and what anchor text to use
– It speeds up the link prospecting process, allowing you to filter through your competitors links by link type
– It automatically filters out links you don’t want to spend your time analyzing based on metrics that are the industry standard
– It shows you what links multiple competitors have, so you can prioritize building those first
– It shows you the percentage of nofollow links your competitors have in their link profile
Want to discuss analytics, SEO, or marketing? Hit me up on Clarity: https://clarity.fm/codywest
Want to work with my agency? Let’s talk! https://assistedreach.com/lets-talk/
Follow Us On Social:
YouTube ► https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi23Z2m_qm8MgIAMDDMg6w
Twitter ► https://twitter.com/codywestseo
Facebook ► https://www.facebook.com/assistedreach